Stackpole Court , Stackpole, Pembrokeshire
Extract from No9 Cdo's War Diaries [WO 218 / 9]
18. 9. 40. No 9 Commando moved [from Chester] to Stackpole Court, Stackpole, near Pembroke.
19. 9. 40. Officers intensive course commenced. Naval authorities at Milford Haven and RAF at their HQ approached and co-operation arranged.
18. 10. 40. Message received War Office decided No 9 Commando to be disbanded. Personnal held at disposal of War Office for re-organisation.
4. 11. 40. Personnel No9 Commando left Stackpole Court for Chester, where list of volunteers revised and fresh volunteers interviewed.
7. 11. 40. Personnel left for Isle of Arran via Glasgow...
9. 11. 40. Arrived Isle of Arran and quartered in Whiting Bay.
Photo courtesy of Richard Ellis.
Posted by N Collins